Features at a Glance:
- Improved Suspension Geometry
- Adjustable Suspension Arms
- Wide Chassis Layout
- Larger Pinion Bearing
- Cab Forward Style Body
- Chassis Side Guards
- Large Footprint Engine Mount
- Adjustable 20 Degree Castor Blocks
- Bleeder Shock Caps
- Balanced Chassis
- Redesigned Steering Rack
- Redesigned Shock Towers
- Easy Diff Access
- Sway Bar System
- Equalized driveline
- Updated Radio Tray
- Optimized Shocks
- Metric Hardware
In Depth Features:
- Improved Suspension Geometry: The 8IGHT-X Next Gen suspension geometry has been completely revamped making a car that is fast, nimble, and easy to drive. This includes a myriad of updates including kingpin inclination, trailing spindles, wider front pivot with less scrub radius, narrower rear pivot, longer rear shocks, and updated hub offset.
- Suspension Arms: Redesigned suspension arms have been designed to accept stiffener plates that will allow racers to tune the flex of the suspension. The kit will include molded plates with optional carbon fiber plates available separately.
- Wide Chassis: Chassis width has been increased to aid in stability and gives the buggy a more neutral feel.
- Larger Pinion Bearing: The pinion bearing size in the front and rear has been increased for added durability.
- Cab Forward Style Body: Cab forward design helps with overall down force, which improves steering and overall stability.
- Chassis Side Guards: Redesigned chassis side guards that have an improved fit onto the chassis.
- Large Footprint Engine Mount: Lightweight large footprint engine mount that reduces flex underneath the engine to eliminate chassis fatigue on high traction race surfaces.
- Adjustable Castor Blocks: 20 degree castor blocks allow the height of the spindle to be adjusted.
- Bleeder Shock Caps: Machined aluminum shock caps with threaded bleeder holes for easy and consistent bleeding of oil.
- Chassis Balance: The weight has been moved forward in the chassis to provide a better driving balance to the vehicle.
- Steering Rack: Redesigned steering rack allows more ackerman adjustments and an improved servo saver eliminates bellcrank bind during high loads.
- Shock Towers: The redesigned machined 7075-T6 aluminum shock towers feature updated camber link holes as well as a taller rear tower.
- Better Diff Access: The front and rear diff case has been altered to allow easier access to the differentials without removing the bulkheads from the vehicle. The center diff can be accessed via split center diff mounts with the removal of only four screws allowing all of the brake mechanics to stay intact.
- Sway Bar System: Redesigned sway bar system has adjustable length links to allow better equalization of each side of sway bar as well as collars to keep the sway bars centered.
- Equalized driveline: The center drive shaft angles have been modified so they are equal front to rear allowing for a more 4WD feel to the vehicle.
- Updated Radio Tray: An updated radio tray now puts the throttle servo near the engine to eliminate additional linkage. The updated radio tray will ensure the throttle servo is rigidly mounted to avoid any flex by floating the servo off of the center differential.
- Optimized Shocks: The shocks are optimized and lightened to decrease the center of gravity and lower the weight of the car as well as offer the use of both 3.5mm and 4.0mm shock shafts.
- Metric Hardware: The 8IGHT-X will move away from standard hardware and be on par with all other manufactures with metric hardware.
Type: 1/8th Nitro 4WD Buggy
Length: 19.6 in (497mm)
Width: 12.1 in (308mm)
Height: 7.1 in (180mm)
Wheelbase: 12.8 in - 13 in (326-329mm)
Chassis: 3mm 7075-T6 Aluminum, Hard Anodized
Gear Pitch: MOD 1
Wheel Size: 3.3” (83.5mm)
Shock Type: Aluminum, Oil-Filled
Fuel Tank Capacity: 125CC (4.2oz)
Experience Level: Advanced
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Needed To Complete:
- .21 Size Nitro Engine
- Tuned Exhaust System
- 2-Channel Radio System
- Steering & Throttle Servo
- Receiver Battery Pack and Charger
- Starter Box
- Glow Igniter
- Nitro Fuel
- Fuel Bottle/Fuel Gun
- Polycarbonate Paint
- 1/8 Scale Off-Road Buggy Tires, Inserts and CA Glue
- Tools for Assembly